Help & Support

Find the answers you need fast!

I have a new tenant moving in to my property. What do I need to know?

Firstly, if the account is currently in your name please call us on 03457 455 455* to let us know you are no longer responsible for the electricity account.


Please have your closing meter reading(s) and account number or Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN) to hand when you contact us (these can be found on the top right of your bill).


You will then need to advise your new tenants to contact us directly to change the account into their name. They'll need to provide us with the following information:

  • Contact details
  • Previous address
  • Opening meter reading
  • Meter Serial Number (this can found on the front of your meter)


Remember, as the property owner you’re responsible for the energy bills in periods when the property is vacant.


*Phone lines open Monday to Friday 8:30am to 6pm. Calls are recorded for quality assurance purposes.