My bill seems high
If your bill is higher than you expected there are a number of reasons why this might be:
- Was your last bill estimated? (it may have been a low estimate and this bill is ‘catching up’)
- Are you comparing a winter bill to a summer bill? Energy bills are typically higher in winter than in summer
- Have your circumstances at home changed? For example, a family member returning from University or perhaps the arrival of a new baby? This can increase the amount of electricity used around the home
- Have you installed any new equipment or increased the use of existing appliances, such as a tumble drier or an electric heater?
- Has there been a tariff increase since the last bill was issued? You would have received a letter informing you about this