Submitting a meter reading
A separate company, Northern Ireland Electricity Networks provides the services for meter readings and they will rountinely call to take a reading. However you can also submit your meter reading online during your meter reading window. A notifcation on the Meter Readings page will tell you when your window is open so you can submit a reading that will be used towards the calculation of your bill.
How to read your meter
- Standard meter
This is the most common type of meter.
- Read all the numbers left to right.
- Ignore any numbers marked 1/10 or 1/100 or in red.
- Clock meter
- Read the dials from left to right
- Ignore any numbers marked 1/10 or 1/100 or in red
- If the pointer is between two numbers give the lower number